Monday, January 2, 2012

Here's To A New Year

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.  -Benjamin Franklin






Well, 2012 is officially here and if the Mayans are correct (not), the last year on earth. I have never been one to make some cliche list of "what I'm going to do different this year," or promise myself to stop eating carbs and to work out 5 times a week, because lets be honest, that's not going to happen.  But I was talking to my best friend the other day about how we only have 3 semesters left of our college careers, and it made me get really sappy and start thinking about a whole lot. I am 21 in less than 3 months and I am more than half way done with college. Wait, you got to be kidding me. These are the best years of my life and I will never get this time back. Instantly, all the "little things" that were bugging me or flooding my mind seemed ridiculous. So here is my cliche New Years Resolutions of 2012, steal any if you wish: 


1. Take full advantage of every opportunity that comes your way. 
2. Take as many trips as possible (i.e. Mardi Gras, Spring Break, etc) 
3. Learn to feed out things that should really matter in your life versus little things that you should not let get to you. It's a "dgaf" kinda year. 
4. Put yourself out there. Get an amazing internship this summer. Try New York or Los Angele's. Keep your options open and never let anyone get in the way of the big things you have ahead of yourself. 
5. Build a stronger relationship with God. Don't loose yourself. 
6. You can always be a better person. Be at war with your vices on a daily basis. Hold yourself accountable. Work on being the best person you can absolutely be.
7. Balance, balance, balance. Work your ass off in school, yet take advantage of going out and having a fabulous time. Let's get that GPA a little higher. 
8. Make this a healthy year. Try to eat more organic foods and just be good to your body. Work out, do yoga, this is the best shape you will ever be in your life so lets make it good. 
9. Concentrate on you. You're going to be married for the rest of your life. Enjoy college and your youth and try not to get serious with anyone for the rest of your time here. God has a plan, and no where in it does it involve dating a bunch of idiots in college.
10. Shoot for your dreams, no matter how high they seem. Start writing your idea for a book and look into acting classes. Intern for a record label this summer? Make it happen. 
11. Find what you really love, and do it. 



Now here is a ridiculous song to start the new year off right. The Photographic- Secure. Happy New Year, let's make it a good one.






No comments:

Post a Comment