Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"The Fort"

I know at least for me, having my "me time" is essential. Don't get me wrong, I am a people person by all means, but every once in awhile I think it is healthy to just be on your own (refer to my past post Being Your Own Best Friend where I elaborate on this more). Being a college student and balancing academics, leadership positions, and friendships, sometimes the only alone time I can get consists of the shower or when I finally crawl into bed after a long day; but even after that I have my obnoxious neighbors on the top unit of our duplex who like to stomp around in their heeled boots at 4 in the morning. I've been back in my hometown of El Dorado Hills, California for winter break and I've picked up an old hobby I did in high school, nature walks. I never appreciated growing up in northern California next to rivers, lakes, mountains, redwoods, and beaches until I moved to Fort Worth, Texas. Texas definitely has stolen my heart, but as I was walking through the tall pine trees on a dirt trail down to the lake and the only noise I heard was the sound of birds and the stream of the river, I remembered what it felt like to be in complete peace. I know I sound like some tree-hugging hippie right now, but it is so true. We get so busy in our busy lives that we forget to just breathe and appreciate the beautiful things around us. This is when I came to the conclusion that when I'm older, I'll have some sort of amazing fort out in the nature to just escape to. Everyone needs a place that they can just escape from the world from. Where is yours?

Here are some of my dream forts:










And here is the ultimate "fort" song to sink you into a different reality: Air- Snakadaktal

No comments:

Post a Comment