Wednesday, January 11, 2012

GUY TIP #4: TEXTING 101



Alright, this may be THE most important guy tip any of you males could possibly read. How a man texts, can make or break a relationship. Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to being a pro texter.

1) As you can see in the extreme example above (yes, some guys do actually do this) if a girl doesn't text you back..TAKE THE HINT. Do not send her 5 question marks, I promise you that will not make her answer.
2) When it comes to using punctuation never use anything other than periods, commas, and question marks. An exclamation mark can be fine in some very rare cases. If you MUST use an exclamation mark, ONLY USE 1.
3) Unless you're kidding..DO NOT use emojis or happy faces. A real man does not use happy faces in text messages.
4) Don't text her unless you really want to have a conversation with her or ask her something. If you just send us "Hey" or "Hi" you'll just piss us off. Umm HI? What the hell do you want me to say to that?
5) Real men pick up the phone and call about 70% of the time. Sending a few texts throughout the day or making quick plans is acceptable for texting. However, by picking up the phone and calling a girl to see if she wants to hang out, or hey, maybe seeing how her day went, makes you look like you're confident. Girls like confidence.
6) I think girls are found more guilty for this, but don't send me a full blown essay via text. If you have that much to say, refer to tip 5 and pick up the phone and call us.
7) Abbreviations are NEVER ok. I know personally if a guy uses "LOL" or "WBU?" or "LMAO"...it's done. Real men don't "LOL," they laugh. If you want to let a girl know she is funny, the only acceptable way is by using "haha." "HEHE" is NEVER ok either.
8) Symbols. I don't think i've ever texted a guy who is ridiculous enough to use symbols but I have seen some of my friends get guys who will sign their name at the end of a text with a "~" or a "*". Example:"Whad up girl? You down to come to Paul's house for a party tonight? Let me know. ~**~Jermain~*~."
I just threw up in my mouth.
9) Please talk like an educated individual. "Wud up" "Fer shure" "Just kickin it" makes you sound like an illiterate moron.
10) If you've ever even thought about sending a girl a picture of you in your mirror flexing your abs..you're hopeless. I've received a few pictures from guys showing me their abs and it makes you look like a complete tool. Send me a picture of a cool place you're at, something funny, etc..but mirror pics are never ok. 


WARNING: By following these tips, women may become more attracted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment