Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GUY TIP #5: HOW NOT TO BE "THAT GUY" ON FACEBOOK.

Anyone living in 2012 and who is a normal human being, has heard of Facebook. Whether you have a Facebook or not is your choice, but out of the 800 million+ active users on Facebook, how many men do you think know how to utilize this site in the right way so that they won't completely turn off any girl who looks at their page? I'd say about 1%. I can't bear to get my heart broken again by looking at a guys Facebook page who I thought had potential, only to find an entire album dedicated to "planking." Grow up. This is how it is done:
Is this kid for real?



























1. Mirror pics/Webcam pics: If you have a picture similar to either of the pictures above, there is something wrong with you. By no means are mirror pics okay, EVER. Where are your friends? I don't give a shit about your "sick new arm tat" or your "ripped" abs from working out today, put a shirt on and take a picture with your friends like a normal person. 
2. Photo Albums: Any guy who has an album other than Profile Pictures, Mobile Uploads, or MAYBE one or two albums of you from traveling or something at least worthy of an album, should probably should stop being a women and taking pictures with your new Canon Powershot, what are you a sorority chick? Personal experience story: A really cute guy I met added me on Facebook, so of course I checked out his profile and his pictures. My stomach literally sank when I clicked on his Photo Albums and saw he had an album completely dedicated to PLANKING. He is a 27 year old "grown" man.


















3. Info/About Page:  If you have more quotes then the average girl in your quote section on Facebook, you may want to question your sexuality.
4. Status Updates: If you post more than 1 status a day, you're annoying us. Unless you have something really great and awesome to tell everyone, limit your status updates. And please, having status' like "Pre fading, limo, then yacht frat party!!!" makes you look like a pretentious douche bag. Or if you always post your opinion or about your personal life on Facebook, you're far too emotional and your posts are now getting "hidden" on my news feed.
5. Checking in: I'm guilty of checking in places a few times, but there is a difference between checking in somewhere every once in awhile, versus checking in somewhere EVERYDAY. Your obnoxious and I'm sorry but no one cares to know where you are every second of the day. Chill out on the foursquare buddy.
6. Poking: I've been "poked" by a few of my guy friends but since I knew their personalities I knew they were joking because they thought it was stupid. However, I have also been poked by guys who I know were actually serious about it. If you get girls attention by "poking" them on Facebook, you're a creep.
7.Messaging/creepy posts on wall: I've gotten better about not adding people who are not my friends, however a few weirdos have slipped through the cracks and I've gotten stuff like "Wow, you're beautiful," on my wall. Facebook is not a place to be hitting on girls, especially girls you don't know. Maybe it is just me, but having a random guy call me beautiful on my Facebook doesn't exactly make me say "Oh my gosh he is so sweet. Maybe I should Ichat him and we could meet up sometime?" No, it makes me block you from my Facebook page. Same goes for Facebook messages, can't even count how many creepy messages i've gotten. Example below..there are so many things wrong with this it's not even right.




8. PDA on Facebook: This goes for guys and girls. Are you KIDDING me? Facebook should not be your own personal journal expressing your love for your bf or gf. Get control of your emotions..good lord. I don't need a play by play of how much you're in love or where you're cuddling in your house. Maybe i've never been in love before, but I've NEVER wanted to post anything like that on Facebook. Baffles me.


WARNING: Following these tips may make women more attracted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment