Thursday, January 12, 2012

Song Of The Day: Stage Dive- Sol


When it comes to hip-hop, it is very rare I find anything that was made past 2004 that I find real hip-hop. Every hip-hop song these says is a regurgitated version of the last all about sex, money, cars, and bling. Lil-wayne is considered "the greatest rapper alive" in our generation which just goes to show the direction hip-hop has gone. Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dr. Dre, Jay Z, Nas, Outkast are all hip-hop artists I respect, but you don't hear sound like that anymore. I came across up and coming artist SOL, and loved his sound. Although he is no Talib Kweli, he is definitely in the right direction. Very smooth flow. This is coming from a 21 year old white girl...but I think I know good music when I hear it. Let me know what you think about this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment