Thursday, March 17, 2011

20 years and the grass is definitely greener, as is the beer.

Today is not only one of my personal favorite holidays, but it's the day I can no longer call myself a teenager; my 20th birthday and St. Patricks Day. A lot has happened in past 20 years, and I'd say overall, it's been one hell of a life thus far. Although it sounds cliche, i've "lived and learned," i've lost and loved, made relationships and ended relationships, had many successes yet many hardships, and all of it has made me the level headed yet "happy-go lucky" 20 year old girl I am today. So as I go out tonight with the ones I love to celebrate beating teen pregnancy and never getting sent to juvi, and I sip a green colored beer that may or may not be good for my health; i'll be smiling to myself and thanking God for the 20 years I've lived so far and the greenest St.Patricks day i've seen yet. It's 20 years later and the grass is definitely greener, as is the beer.

Cheers.

In the spirit of St. Patricks Day, a talented band I love: Flogging Molly- If I Ever Leave This World Alive





No comments:

Post a Comment