Sunday, December 4, 2011

Song and Movie of the Day: Like Crazy-- Fools Gold- Suprise Hotel

I saw the movie "Like Crazy" recently and I absolutely loved it. It wasn't any ridiculous vampire love story that everyone is obsessing over, and it didn't have the typical cliche Hollywood ending. It was a great story about real love that had it's up and downs of two people trying to make a long distance relationship work. I laughed and cried pathetically during it. I recommend it to anyone who can appreciate a good independent film.

In the movie after their wedding they were in a hotel room dancing to music and this song came on. When it came on during the movie I said to myself "Dear god, this is a good song." However, it only came on briefly so I didn't have enough time to pull out my phone and be obnoxious and "Shazaam" it during the movie. It was that great of a song though that I remembered to Google search for it and I found it. It's one hell of a song: Fools Gold-Suprise Hotel. Fool's Gold is a band based in Los Angeles, California where they weave together western pop aesthetics with African rhythms and melodies. I'm loving the sounds this group is making.

No comments:

Post a Comment