Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just Go With The Flow

The term "go with the flow" has never been in my vocabulary until recently. I've always been the planner and the person who'd always try to juggle way to many things, just to say I could. I did countless amounts of leadership roles in high school and have continued that into college. I've always had the mind set of getting one step ahead and building up my resume. As of recently though, I've been building up my memories instead. I have less than 2 years of college left, and it scares the hell out of me. I don't want to look back and just remember the times I spent slaving away in the library or sitting in meetings. I want to remember this as one of the best times of my life, which it truly has been so far. I've always made fun of the cliche, sappy "live, laugh, love" quotes girls would put in their profiles; but living really is all I'm trying to do right now, and I've had one hell of a time doing it. It's not like I dropped all my cares in the world, I've just prioritized my priorities a bit, and it feels good. I'm still that same driven girl who wants the absolute best for myself, but stressing about getting a leadership role or getting an A on my test just is not worth stressing anymore. Life really is about the relationships you develop with people and the memories you create. I plan on making the absolute best of the time I have left in college, living a balanced life, and when things in my life start to get stressful, to remind myself how truly blessed I am and to just go with the flow. Life is too short to do anything but that.

Now here is a feel good jam to brighten your Sunday evening (Ignore the cheesy video to the song-I couldn't find the official video anywhere): Easy- Lionel Ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment