Monday, December 9, 2013

Daily Advice: Put Your Phone Down


I recently came across an article called "We Cant Get Lost Anymore" by Jeremy Glass and it hit this topic spot on the head. Glass wrote "We can’t jump off bridges anymore because our iPhones will get ruined. We can’t take skinny dips in the ocean, because there’s no service on the beach and adventures aren’t real unless they’re on Instagram. Technology has doomed the spontaneity of adventure and we’re helping destroy it every time we Google, check-in, and hashtag." As much as I hate how much people use their phones, I'm 100% guilty of wanting to Instagram or at least send a Snapchat if i'm doing something remotely cool. It honestly makes me sick. People are not only loosing touch with real moments in life, but communication with others. If I had it my way, I wish there was no text messaging and if someone wanted to talk to me, they'd have to pick up the phone and call me. If I had it my way, people would use real cameras more often and post albums of these special moments later on. Not a damn play by play via Instagram. I'm not saying I'm going to stop cold turkey, because lets face it, it's 2014 and this is the reality of our times. However, I am going to start making a more conscious effort to not rely on my phone as much, and you should too.

Heart of Glass-Oliver & The Mike B Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment