Monday, August 26, 2013

5 Worthy Hip-Hop Songs

I don't post too many hip hop artists on here, and that is because it is rare for me to come across one I believe is worthy of a post. I'm more of a Dr.Dre "2001" type hip hop fan, so a lot of these "hip hop artists" these days do nothing for me. These 4 songs made the cut..
1. State of Elevation-Dillon Cooper 
-Dillon Cooper is a 21 year old hip hop artist from Brooklyn who describes himself as "ridiculous and driven." You can hear his drive in his lyrics and his song "State of Elevation" deserves more publicity.
2. Grown Up- Danny Brown 
Detroit artist, Danny Brown's sound reminds me old school rap, which is exactly why I love him so much.  This my friends is real hip hop. 3. 1 Train- A$ap Rocky ft. Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson, & BIG Krit
- If you're an A$AP fan then you've probably heard of this huge collaboration. 4. How 2 Rap- B.o.B 
B.o.B surprises me every now and then with a great song. How 2 rap is one of them.  5. Window- Vinny Dwayne ft. Jay Z (DJ Cones Remix)
-This is definitely a more mellow song, but I find it absolutely beautiful. I discovered this song about 9 months ago and just rediscovered it on my sound cloud lists. Not sure how I've waited this long to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment