Monday, February 25, 2013

My Juicing Craze, And An Amazing Story

One of the things  I love best about going home to California is all the fresh produce and farmers markets that are available. You're not considered a "hippy freak" if you like to juice like you are here in Texas. While I was home over winter break, my mom had gotten really into juicing. We would juice every morning and night. I felt such an amazing difference in my body, that I couldn't stop. I felt so much more energized and I no longer needed coffee or tea to get me through the day. I ended up getting my own juicer for Christmas, so I brought my new passion for juicing back to Texas. Thankfully, Fort Worth does have organic food options. I get all my produce at Central Market where they have a really large selection of fresh all organic produce. Today while I was grocery shopping, the most amazing thing happened. I saw an old man with a huge cart that was filled with bulk bags of fruits and vegetables. He had an enormous bag of carrots that looked like he had special ordered. As soon as I saw him I knew he was a fellow juicer. We both were reaching for some ginger, when I asked him if he was juicing. He told me that his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago and they decided not to do chemo. Instead, they decided to completely change their diet. They juice several times a day, cut out all red meats, dairy, and processed foods. Want to know what the most amazing part is? Her cancer has shrunk significantly within just 3 months!! I got teary eyed and continued to watch him stalkerishly as he continued to shop. The passion and love he had in his eyes as he was picking out his all organic produce for his wife was really touching. I immediately called my mom and told her. I've always  been a strong believer that what you put in your body can directly effect your body more than anything else can. My boyfriend who used to make fun of me for juicing and only wanting to eat all organic, actually is starting to consider the legitimacy and benefits of juicing. I urge all of you, take a look at what you're feeding your body. Juicing has changed my life, and it can change yours too.

Morning Rejuvenation Recipe:
4 large organic carrots
4 organic celery sticks
1 large piece of organic cucumber 
1 organic beet
1 organic apple
1 organic grapefruit
1 organic orange
1 small piece of organic ginger

-Enjoy over ice. Serves 2 people or extra for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment