Sunday, February 24, 2013

Artist of The Day: Alabama Shakes

Alabama Shakes everyone. If you haven't heard their music already, then you need to get to listenin'. This rock band originates from Athens, Alabama, where their funk and rock and roll music seems to collide together seamlessly. Lead singer and guitarist Brittany Howard is my idol. Straight up girl power at it's finest. This girl has soul. Get them on your radar.  I love when I come across bands like this, it gives me hope for our generation of music.

Hold on- Alabama Shakes    
 " Bless my heart, bless my soul. I didn't think I'd make it to 22 years old."
-This song is perfect for this time in my life. A lot of stress and a lot of bullshit, but you just got to "hold on."

Always Alright- Alabama Shakes     This song + this movie= pure greatness

No comments:

Post a Comment