Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Must See Movie: Silver Linings Playbook

I saw Silver Linings Playbook a few weeks ago, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. For that fact alone, this movie deserves to win an Oscar, sorry Les Miserables. There are very few movies out there that make you think more after seeing them, and that is what makes this movie so great. David O. Russell, the director of another one of my favorite films, The Fighter, has a way of capturing his characters in such a real and relatable light to his audiences. In each of his characters, the audience is able to see someone they know. The movie is about a man who catches his wife cheating on him, and beats the man almost to death. Instead of prison time, he is ordered to spend time in a mental institution and is diagnosed as bipolar. After his mother brings him home from the hospital, an unexpected love story unravels. Although the story line seems "heavy," I actually found myself laughing more than crying. What I love most about the movie was the ending. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it reminds us that all of us are a little crazy. Yes, some more than others, but we all are nuts whether we admit it or not. Sometimes life won't go as planned, but no matter what, there will always be a silver lining. Now go see it...




No comments:

Post a Comment