Wednesday, January 2, 2013

(Insert Cliche 2013 Quote Here)


So you're probably thinking, "Oh great. Another cliche 'this is my year!' post about how you're going to lose 10 pounds and 'live, laugh, and love' through life." Well I can be cliche, but I promise I'm not that bad. Actually, I'm scared as hell for 2013. I have a semester left of college, I have to get a big girl JOB, and I won't have my lovely father putting money in my account every month. Well shit, 2013 sucks already. Ha, I'm kidding...but not really. So yeah, I'm a little scared. But I'm also insanely excited. I've had this winter break to kind of prepare myself mentally for the job search in the coming months. Thankfully, I'm confident enough in my self and have the self motivation to not give up until I get a job, and hopefully get one I love. I decided I'm going to stay in Dallas for a few more years. I'm not ready to leave Texas yet. I know I'd always wonder what would have happened if I left.  Love ya California, but this is something I just know I need to do. So..back to this 2013 issue. I think with each year, good and bad things happen to us. Take 2012 for instance. I can sit here and say that it has been the best year of my life so far. However, it wasn't sweet bliss the whole year through. Shit happens. So in 2013, I'm just going to go out there and try my hardest. As cliche as it sounds, I really am planning on embracing every single moment of my last semester of college. And when it comes to jobs, I'm handing my anxiety and worry over to God and I'm just going to make it happen. I'll figure it out, we always somehow do. So cheers people, here is to 2013; the good, the bad, the ugly, and the fabulous. Let's do this.

Oh and here is one of my favorite songs to start your year off right:
Can You Tell- Ra Ra Riots

No comments:

Post a Comment