Thursday, August 4, 2011

When buying music was more than just iTunes.





I can remember when I was a teenager in high school and I was at my beach house in Santa Cruz, California for the weekend with some friends. We were in a book store and "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" by Leo Sayer came on over the radio. I wanted this song so bad. My dad had this vintage record player in our house with a bunch of old records like Earth, Wind and Fire and Doobie Brothers. My friends and I went on a hunt around downtown Santa Cruz to find Leo Sayers album. There is something about the thrill of going out and buying a record, I wish still existed. I am only 20 years old and a millennial experiencing this social media craze head on, however, if I could I would go back to the classics. When getting a record was an event, and you didn't just have to click "BUY" on iTunes or illegally download it off line and get viruses on your computer. I loved that my Dad had that record player growing up because it made me appreciate listening to music in a different way. Whenever I hear this Leo Sayer song, it instantly reminds me of just simple times, and well, makes me feel like dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment